Christmas and Rock and Roll #by: Márcia Schwarz Perel


This is the season for radio stations, stores, and shopping malls to be blasting holiday music. Obviously we have the old time favorites, classics written by Mel Tormé, Irving Berlin (who are actually not Christians), but I just love a Rock and Roll twist into these songs. May they be a rock twist into an old fave or something completely new sang by Springsteen, they never get old and every year people tune in for those.



I am clearly no expert on Christmas music; I am a connoisseur of Adam Sandler’s Hanukah Song (all parts 1, 2 and 3) but who said that I do not rock along to some Santa tunes when I encounter them?

I will list you my favorites, advise you to get them on ITunes is you have not done so. Let me know if I had missed any favorites.


               John Lennon – Happy Xmas (war is over)
1
       Bruce Springsteen ( The Boss) – Santa Claus is Coming to Town

   Mariah Carey – All I Want for Christmas is You


                     Chuck Berry – Run Rudolph, Run

                 Band Aid – Do They Know It’s Christmas

                   Bobby Helms – Jingle Bell Rock

        Run DMC – Christmas in Hollis – Kanye West did Christmas in    Harlem (not recommended)

                U2 – Christmas ( Baby Please Come Home)


          John Mellencamp - I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus



1
And my favorite of all time that not even I rank because it is so special to me is … WHAM! – Last Christmas!!!!!! 



I want to take this opportunity to wish all the readers and the Blablabla people a very merry Christmas and New Year loaded with health, love, success and PEACE!!!!

See ya on the next one!

by Márcia Schwarz Perel
Videos: YouTube







Comments

Bla Popular Posts