New York Fashion Week – Alexandre Herchcovitch Fall/Winter 2013

I have been writing to you about music, one of my passions, but during fashion week I feel compelled to write to you about my other passion, fashion. Fashion and music walk together. There is never a good catwalk experience without the music. The music sets the ambiance, the clothes tell us the story.


There is no one else better to write about than someone I know for nineteen years. He inspired me then and he keeps inspiring me now – Alexandre Herchcovitch.




We met at a very fashion forward store that a friend used to own in the city of Curitiba (Rugas de Garbo). One day, during an afternoon of sitting on the floor having coffee, Alexandre – a long haired guy with a pink colored beard - decided to launch his collection at the store with a fashion show and somehow I was on board.

I attend all of his shows at NYFW, and every single time he manages to capture everyone’s attention.


Alexandre Herchcovitch Fall/Winter 2013: Petals

This collection in particular, is in no doubt, one of my favorites. Rarely at a couture show, you have the feeling that you have to wear the piece shown at the runway exactly as it is shown. In this one, I felt like buying every single piece exactly 
as it was!!!!

The color scheme is outstanding, the pieces delicate. Herchcovitch’s last Spring/ Summer collection was very squared, very eighties, rough on the edges. His new collection is feminine, soft, involving, mysterious and seductive. The fabrics were quite light for winter like silk crepe, light wool and silk chiffon. Colors ranged from nudes, to violets, greens and cherry.

    
Alexandre Herchcovitch Fall/Winter 2013: Petals
Alexandre Herchcovitch Fall/Winter 2013: Petals
Alexandre Herchcovitch Fall/Winter 2013: Petals
Alexandre Herchcovitch Fall/Winter 2013: Petals
Alexandre Herchcovitch Fall/Winter 2013: Petals

The embroidery was delicate, the volume at the hips defined a very feminine figure. The models floated on the catwalk. The hair style was sleek and understated giving all the attention to the clothes. Shoes and bags were muted. On previous collections there were emphasis on makeup, sunglasses and handbags. This time it was all about the clothes.

Alexandre Herchcovitch Fall/Winter 2013: Petals
Alexandre Herchcovitch Fall/Winter 2013: Petals
And the soundtrack? I have to be honest that I loved last year’s Culture Club Medley and even caught most of the audience singing along just like myself. But this year, the music and the collection synchronized perfectly. The music was by an eighties German band called Einsturzende Neubaten. Their sound is heavy and at the same time silent, poetic, taking you to imagine what the people wearing those clothes were thinking or have been doing or are about to do.


Einstürzende Neubauten


All I have to say is that it was perfection and I am very looking forward to acquire something from the collection.





I have to thank Alexandre Herchcovitch for all these years of inspiration and also my new friend Daniel Goncalves. Dani, we met 2 years ago and it feels like forever. Thanks for your kindness, open heart and love!!!!

Check out Alexandre’s collections on youtube. Not only his current one but older ones as well. It will inspire you, I promise.







By Marcia Schwarz Perel
Images NET

Comments

Bla Popular Posts