The Grammy Awards 2013



I love watching the Grammy’s. I believe that I have been watching them since I was around 10 years old. Because of the time difference, they used to be shown really late in South America but that never prevented me from watching if from start to finish.



Lately, I have been disappointed with what is on the radio. Too many artists that do not play any instrument, too much auto tune, lack of talent and a lot of Taylor Boring Swift. I have been looking for that one new artist to like, I am enjoying Bruno Mars and Neon Trees.

This year, when the Grammy acts were announced, I got excited about the Bob Marley tribute, annoyed that Taylor Swift was performing again and when I found out that Fun was performing I thought to myself: but on the radio they are not exciting!!! I was completely wrong …. But not ALL wrong …

Fun was visually exciting. I love how they look, how they dress and how they play. It is fresh, new, exciting and at the same time some of the old familiar rock comfort.



Taylor Swift was still what I have thought but what the hell was that? Did she stole Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland?



The Bob Marley tribute was not a tribute at all. It was performed by Sting, Bruno Mars, Rihanna, Ziggy Marley and Damian Marley. I mean, come on! Bob left a great legacy of music and all that they could do is barely one song? Is that how much his sons loved him? They could easily do a sample of tracks and steal the night.





I enjoyed Timberlake’s old fashion” I still know how to sing” performance. Enjoyable, but I actually caught my husband yawning at this one.


Maroon 5 and Alicia Keys was nothing outstanding to me. The girl could very well be on fire, but both performers were not!!!

Jack White stole the show!!! With Love Interruption and Freedom at 21 he showed that he has never gone anywhere. Energetic, amazing guitar solo and a voice that shows presence, Jack’s fusion of drums, cello, violin and guitar proved to the crowd what the Grammy’s should always be and have … talent!!!






By: Márcia Schwarz Perel
Images NET

Comments

Post a Comment

Bla Popular Posts