Successful Brazilian Singer, Guto Bittencourt tells BlaBlaBla NYC how he made it here, in NYCity!




It’s summer time in New York City. This season of the year matches perfect wih Guto Bittencourt’s hot-energy. Brazilian from the sunny city Rio de Janeiro, his vibe is total radiant. Bla's great friend and amazing artist just made his debut as solo singer with the single “Down To Rio” # a catchy song, a swirl of pop with hip hop that will animate any party and guarantee summer fun. The song features a duet with his pal Curtis Young. The eldest son of Dr. Dre, Curtis Young is following his father's footsteps to become a legendary rapper.




Guto recently signed a contract with Warner Music. But his story in NYC started years ago. It was summer of 2006 when Guto came to try his spot in the concrete jungle. In this interview, Guto tells Blá how his career began.

Blá-Your music "Down to Rio" is already a success. How did you come up with the idea of this music?

Guto-"Down to Rio" is a single that represents who I am and what to expect on my upcoming album. Being from Rio, I wanted to write a song that is representative of our culture. We like to go dancing, go to the beach, go to parties, we like to be social and have a good time. We like to focus on the positive, not the negative. Leave this to Adele. (joking...laughs) l love her but I just want people to be happy at the end of the day, try to forget about life's problems, smile and most importantly, have fun!

Blá-The music feature Dr. Dre’s own pride and joy, Curtis Young. How this partnership happened?

Guto-I am so honored to have Curtis on this project. I think he is very talented. I was recording at Sear Sound Studios in New York and somehow a producer took the song to Curtis and he loved it and wanted to be a part of it. It has been a great experience to work with him. He's a great guy and an outstanding talent.




Blá-How was the process for closing a contract with Warner?

Guto-I was fortunate enough to have a meeting with the president of Warner Music Brazil, Sergio Affonso. He liked and understood my project, understood me and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I had no doubt he was the guy I was looking for to lead my solo career and couldn’t' be more excited to be working with him.




Blá-As the saying goes... Guto, you made it here, now you can make anywhere. Can you give a tip for all musical artists or pop singers that are thinking about starting a career in NY?

Guto-(laughs) All I can say is that you don't really need anyone to believe in you - just yourself. Do you believe and feel it? Do you want it? So fight for it and don't let anyone stop you. 100 doors may close but another 1,000 are there for you to open. Follow your dreams with passion and a LOT of focus.





Down to Rio (feat. Curtis Young) - Single ITUNES



By BlaBlaBla NYC girls
Journalist Larissa Gomes
Creative Director & Edits Mirella Afonso
BlaBlaBla NYC
IMAGES Guto's Archive 

Follow us: @blablablanyc on Twitter | BlaBlaBlaNYC on Facebook

Comments

Post a Comment

Bla Popular Posts