MTV Video Awards 2013 – BlaBlaBla was there!

Do you wanna know how watching the VMAs at the front line and even being able to touch Justin Timberlake was? One of the Bla Girls was there and tells all about the experience.

The winners… I bet you already know them – but check out how the day was being close to all these pop stars!


It was 4pm when I arrived to watch the VMA at Barclays Center, Brooklyn. I didn’t have any idea how the night would play out, so I decided to conform to the diva dress code. Just in case one of the artists pulled me to the stage… You never know!  #thisisNYbabe!


This was my first time at the fan pit (area in front of the stage) witnessing such huge live television event. By the end of the night I was thrilled with all the performances – especially with Justin Timberlake! #awesome


Before going to Barclays Center, we checked in and waited inside a nearby theatre for about an hour. (At this moment, I was glad to be sitting while waiting.) Then the production team walked us to the fan pit in groups of about 60.


Around 7pm they started the rehearsal with the public. The production team explained they would have tons of camera movements and they needed our help to do everything efficiently. Here we learned how to move during every set of commercials. I have to congratulate the production staff because they were always really patient while talking with us. Of course some times they weren’t super friendly, but they must have been stressed. The feeling was mutual. Everybody was working together to make the night a success.


Remarkable moments



Justin Timberlake + N’Sync Reunion 


Justin Timberlake had the best performance of the night, by far! He rocked on the stage!  While he was singing a potpourri of all his greatest hits, we got crazy in the fan pit because we had to move a lot. The production team added many new stages, yet no one could stop dancing. My hair stood on end during his show. Especially when N’Sync showed up in front of me! For less then 3 minutes I was a teenager again (it was an excellent feeling - BOOO - I want to experience this more often). #byebyebyechildhood 



When the performance finished, Justin had to come back to the main stage to receive the Michael Jackson Award – more than deserved. At this moment he walked down the aisle near which I was standing. Then I thought, “Should I touch him or no? Should I stay or should I go?”


I didn’t know how to react because Justin wasn’t raising his hand! I was expecting he would act like One Direction: when they passed in front of me, they raised their hands to the side and everyone gave them High 5’s! (I still can’t believe that they got The Best Summer Music Award – #awkward - but this is another subject.) Anyway, it wasn’t One Direction, it was Justin. If anyone had a chance to touch his hands, they would do more than just touch: they would pull him, kiss him, and do whatever they wanted to him, OF COURSE! Justin, being the veteran he is, already knew this; he looked really focused walking up to the stage.


After all this mental discussion and doubts, I finally made my decision… TOUCHHHH HIM, TOUCH HIM NOW! 


Then it happened… I reached and squeezed. OMG! What an arm! He is strong and happens to be the same height as me! Which was surprising because he seems taller when he is performing. His dancing is so good he appears to be 6 feet tall. 



                   My favorite moment during all event : Justin!
Lady Gaga

Justin wasn’t the first to perform though. The lady who started the VMA was Gaga. Unfortunately, I was close to a part of the stage that she didn’t walk-in, so I didn’t see her performance really clear. All the wig changes were great! Gaga is truly the queen of all things cuckoo. She was born this way.




Milley Cyrus

Most criticized show of the night: Miley Cyrus. The way she danced didn’t irritate me so much. She twerked really well for an ass-less white girl! In my opinion, the problem is deeper – her music didn’t match her performance. Talk about a Gwen Stefani + Madonna wannabe. Ok, kinda over-the-top indeed. At least she is trying! However, the only way to get away from Disney is changing her songs and rhythms because “So la di da di, we want to party” isn’t helping.


Kanye West 

Kanye West performance was totally different. The lights were down and we could see the same as you watching from home: his silhouette. Self-proclaimed as the Michael Jordan of music, he proved that he is, at least using his body! He jumped soooo high a lot of times when he was singing. I was impressed!




Bruno Mars


Bruno Mars also caught my attention. I never really liked him, but I think he did great at the VMAs.  Part of the success was definitely because of the stage production. The graphics they used on the screen behind Bruno Mars were flawless. And the lights only added to his performance! Nobody danced a lot because the visual effects entranced us all. 




Katy Perry


The night was over with Katy Perry’s performance under the Brooklyn Bridge. They had a screen at Barclays Center were we could see how it went. The production team deserves “congrats” again – I loved the photography direction!


  





In total I stood for six straight hours but it was really worth it! The only thing I noticed, no matter what time you got in line for the fan pit, didn’t really guarantee you the best spot. As the public and the performances were constantly shifting, the likelihood to maintain a decent view was challenging. I hope this detail didn’t ruin anyone’s night because the purpose was to have a good time. I most certainly did! #VMA2013 


By Larissa Gomes
BlaBlaBla NYC girl
IMAGES NET

Follow us: @blablablanyc on Twitter | BlaBlaBlaNYC on Facebook


Comments

Bla Popular Posts