Brazilian Wonder Woman, Carmela Lane's exclusive interview for #BlaNYCPRGirls

#BlaNYCPRGirls chats with 'TAO NYC's Creative Director" & costume designer Carmela Lane. The Brazilian hot stuff answers some questions about being on the TOP of the world and designing for the hi-end clubs, restaurants and events in NYC and América.#spetacular

Check it out below:

Carmela Lane with her daughter Ava Lane and Associate Artistic Director at Streb, Fabio Tavares da Silva

Bla: How did you get started in this profession? Would you say it's your dream come true?

26 Stars: Definitely!  My father was a shoe designer in Brazil and I always wanted to become a designer as an adult.  So, I came to NYC and studied at FIT.  Along the way, I had great internships, like at Harpers Bazaar & Anna Sui.   After a few years working in the industry, I met Jayma Cardoso who brought me in to work with her as Creative Director for the TAO GROUP in NYC.

Bla: For inspiration I go to......

26 Stars: Museums, Vintage clothing stores, books, Indie Movies



Bla: Best styling tip 26 Stars use.....

26 Stars: Be Sexy, Be wild, Be yourself :-)

Bla: How would you describe 26 Stars  in five words!?

26 Stars: Edge, innovative, sexy, sparkly, unique, outstanding




Bla: #BlaNYCPRGirls heard that 26 Stars produced the hottest girls at The Ultra Music Festival 2014 this year?! Is that for real?Please, describe that  insane fact/feeling and great costumes to your fans. Any favorite looks?

26 Stars: Yes! I had the pleasure to work with Katie Krause who is Creative Director for UMF and an amazing group of dancers. Katie and I worked for several months together between putting inspiration boards together and building costumes. When all was done I cried... it was very emotional for me to see my work come alive in such big festival. My favorite looks are the girls wearing armors/breast plates and the horn headdresses used on the dancers who walked around the festival riding the two performers on stilts.

Bla: Celebrity or Idol I was most excited to work with...

26 Stars: I was always very excited to work with the fashion Editor/Stylist Brana Wolf



Bla: Anyone to be thankful for?


26 Stars: I am thankful to God and my husband who always had faith in me.  I am also very thankful to Paul Goldstein, Jayma Cardoso, Leticia Carvalho, and the whole TAO Group who always set the bar high and gave me a huge opportunity.  I also very thankful to all my friends who have supported me along the way

The Brazilian wonder woman conquers the world! #FunCharms #loveU


Mirella Afonso
#BlaNYCPRGirls
Images NET & Time OUT

Follow us: @blablablanyc on Twitter | BlaBlaBlaNYC on Facebook


Comments

Bla Popular Posts